Avid coffee lovers will instantly get this title. For those less discerning, I’ll explain as I wrap up this post.
- Time and effort can get you anything you want, but nothing will bring you more Time.
- The best way I know to make something worthwhile, tremendous, and positive to happen is to ignore self and focus your eyes on someone else.
- From Proverbs 24, The Passion Translation: “Wise people are builders–they build families, businesses, communities. And through intelligence and insight their enterprises are established and endure” (v. 3); “If you plan to do evil, it’s as wrong as doing it. And everyone detests a troublemaker” (v. 9); “If you say to the guilty, ‘You are innocent” the nation will curse you and the people will revile you… But when you convict the guilty, the people will thank you and reward you with favor” (vv. 24-25).
- Runway Rules — Forgetting to lower the undercarriage is not an option.
- “The Event” eventually began blurring into a mental fuzz of repetition, the most recent procedure replacing the last . . .” ~ Time Trials
- Dangerous thunderstorms and almost-instant torrential rains, a common possibility on America’s great plains, had me on edge until, between angry-cloud onslaughts, I heard the birds singing their way through it all.
- I wish coffee got cold slower.
- Overheard: “Yesterday I completed a chore I’ve been putting off for over five months. It’s likely I’ll learn nothing from this.”
- Reading: You cannot make a man worth any given amount by making it illegal for anyone to offer him less.
- Is it not weird that in America, our flag and our culture are so offensive to so many people, yet our benefits are not? One would think eventually they would connect the dots.
- Anger is a manifestation of fear, and if you entertain fear, you offer a hiding place for the Adversary.
- Read: FOR SALE – I’m selling my white privilege card. It’s just over 68 years old and so far hasn’t done a blessed thing for me. No inheritance, no free college, no free food, no free housing, etc. I don’t know, I might even trade it for a race card, since those seem way more useful and more widely accepted.
- “It’s okay to let go of those who couldn’t love you. Those who didn’t know how to. Those who failed to even try. It’s okay to outgrow them, because that means you filled the empty space in you with self love instead. You’re outgrowing them because you’re growing into you. And that’s more than okay–that’s something to celebrate.” – Contemplative Monk
- There are always deeper truths, greater awarenesses offering more clarity, and more profound discoveries for you to experience. Don’t let up; keep learning.
- Doing things God’s way starts with WISDOM (Proverbs. 9:10). Our way usually doesn’t. Eventually, our great ideas get around to it, but we waste time, energy, and resources trying our ways first. Start with Wisdom and stay there. * Carry on from there in FAITH (Hebrews. 11:33-34; 1 Corinthians 2:3-5). Repeat and keep repeating. * Let both Wisdom and Faith maintain your attitude (Luke 12:12), keeping your emotional, mental, and spiritual bubble pretty much in the middle. * This aids you in adding VALUE to everyone you meet. It’s not something you do consciously or on purpose; it is rather an outflow of your dependency on Wisdom, Faith, and the Value you find in both. You bless all you encounter because of the Value of God’s Wisdom and your applying it by Faith. * Stay brim-full of both of those things, constantly being refueled by the Holy Spirit; then allow Him to pour himself through you into anyone’s day or experience you see (Ephesians 5:18).
- A reminder: Our prayers have no expiration date. No matter who you are, how young or old you are, whether you speak well or not, or what kind of education you do or don’t have, you never know when, where, or how God will answer. God says, “Always keep praying.” So do that.
- Finally, be cautious if you choose to wear facial hair. Your ear and nose hairs become greatly offended and take it as a challenge.
Hmmph? Oh, the toenail thing. Well, only true coffee lovers take their coffee into the bathroom with them. And it’s usually in the bathroom where most trim (okay, perhaps harvest) their toenails. Toenails are famous for landing just about anywhere – including in your coffee.
And there you have it.
© d. dean boone, february 2021