One of you sent this to me early this morning; it’s just too good not to share. Yes, I’ve seen a couple of these as well. There are more I’ve never seen. So, while I’m composing today’s QTMs – that’s 2nd Cup shorthand for Quiet Time Musings – try to keep a straight face as you read.
It would probably be good to not have a mouthful of coffee until done.
~ ∂ ~
An Elementary School Teacher had twenty-six students in her class. She presented each child in her classroom the 1st half of a well-known proverb and asked them to come up with the remainder of the proverb. It’s hard to believe these were actually done by first graders. Their insight may surprise you. While reading, keep in mind that these are first-graders, 6-year-olds, because the last one is a classic!
1. Don’t change horses
until they stop running.
2. Strike while the
bug is close.
3. It’s always darkest before
Daylight Saving Time.
4. Never underestimate the power of
5. You can lead a horse to water but
6. Don’t bite the hand that
7. No news is
8. A miss is as good as a
9. You can’t teach an old dog new
10. If you lie down with dogs, you’ll
stink in the morning.
11. Love all, trust
12. The pen is mightier than the
13. An idle mind is
the best way to relax.
14. Where there’s smoke there’s
15. Happy the bride who
gets all the presents.
16. A penny saved is
17. Two’s company, three’s
18. Don’t put off till tomorrow what
you put on to go to bed.
19. Laugh and the whole world laughs with you, cry and
you have to blow your nose.
20. There are none so blind as
21. Children should be seen and not
spanked or grounded.
22. If at first you don’t succeed
get new batteries.
23. You get out of something only what you
see in the picture on the box.
24. When the blind lead the blind
get out of the way.
25. A bird in the hand
is going to poop on you.
And the WINNER And Last One is . . .
26. Better late than
QTMs shortly. Have a refill while you’re waiting.