I’ve never met anyone who likes being ignored. Overlooked. Treated like they don’t matter, like–well, like a nobody.
You know the drill.
- lovely to have around for all the menial tasks
- taken for granted, always expected, only noticed when absent
- patronized with, “Oh, they do that so well . . .”
- heavy on lip service, light on the other kind
I know you’ve been there. I know it hurts; it bruises and lacerates your spirit. It leaves scar tissue on your soul.
I know, in the weary silence of your private place of refuge, you’ve wondered: Does anybody care? I mean really care? Yeah, God does–but He put us all here together. So is there somebody with skin on ’em – anybody – who sees me and maybe figures I’m worth something?
I know how you feel.
We have all at one time or another felt that way.
Let me share with you what I’ve found.
Somebody does care. They may not be who you think they are. That’s usually the case; yet somebody does care. And this, my friend, is for you.
- Somebody is very proud of you
- Somebody is thinking of you
- Somebody is caring about you
- Somebody misses you
- Somebody wants to talk to you
- Somebody wants to be with you
- Somebody hopes you are not in trouble
- Somebody is thankful for the support that you have provided
- Somebody wants to hold your hand
- Somebody hopes everything turns out alright
- Somebody wants you to be happy
- Somebody wants you to find him/her
- Somebody wants to give you a gift
- Somebody wants to hug you
- Somebody thinks you ARE a gift
- Somebody admires your strength
- Somebody wants to protect you
- Somebody can’t wait to see you
- Somebody loves you for who you are
- Somebody treasures your spirit
- Somebody is glad that you are their friend
- Somebody wants to get to know you better
- Somebody wants you to know they are there for you
- Somebody would do anything for you
- Somebody wants to share their dreams with you
- Somebody is alive because of you
- Somebody needs your support
- Somebody trusts you
- Somebody hears a song that reminds them of you
The good you do today people will often forget tomorrow: Do good anyway.
If you are successful, you will win some false friends and some true enemies: Succeed anyway.
If you are kind, people may accuse you of being selfish and having ulterior motives: Be kind anyway.
What you spend years building someone may try to destroy overnight: Build anyway.
If you give of yourself to help another, somebody may misunderstand and falsely accuse you: Help anyway.
If you are honest and frank, people may cheat you: Be honest and frank anyway.
Give the world the best you have, and it may never be enough: Give the world the best you have anyway.
If you find serenity and happiness, they may be jealous: Be happy anyway.
You see, in the final analysis it’s between you and God: It was never between you and them anyway.
Let this bit of encouragement sustain you when it’s tough to smile, inside or out. God sees what people don’t – can’t – and He knows in the same way.
You can’t fail without your permission and you can’t succeed without your participation.
Change the way you THINK, which will change the way you FEEL, which will change the way you ACT, which will change your life. – Pat Mesiti
Zig Ziglar often said, “You never know when one kind act, or one word of encouragement, can change a life forever.” That is what 2nd Cup of Coffee is all about. That is what I am here to do.
© D. Dean Boone, January 2015