It’s not a very friendly world out there. Predators have been encouraged by enforced, even celebrated lawlessness to more openly ply their trade. The continuing lunacy of political correctness all but guarantees they’ll be seen as victims or even folk heroes while the brave LE people standing between them and the rest of us risk injury or death at the predator’s hands.
Check your news. . .
Therefore, when I find credible information that can keep you safe and alive, I pass it on. Today I send along such information. Please – if you’ve seen it before, cool your jets and slow down long enough to read it again. Don’t assume you’re so bright you remember it all.
WRITTEN BY A COP
In daylight hours, refresh yourself of these things to do in an emergency situation… This is for you, and for you to share with your wife, your children, and everyone you know.
- Tip from Tae Kwon Do:
The elbow is the strongest point on your body. If you are close enough to use it, do! Edit. note – mash someone in the nose with your elbow? Their eyes will instantly be watering and it’ll be hard for them to see you. Plus, it hurts!
2. If a robber asks for your wallet and/or purse, DO NOT HAND IT TO HIM. Toss it away from you…. Chances are that he is more interested in your wallet and/or purse than you, and he will go for the wallet/purse. RUN LIKE MAD IN THE OTHER DIRECTION! Ed. note: CC classes teach to keep a dollar or two wadded up in your weak side pocket. When approached for cash, step back as you say, “Sure”, and toss the wad as far toward the person as you can, while reaching for your weapon. If their eyes follow the money, you can step farther back, getting your car between you and the threat (gas stations are the most likely places, believe it or not). If their eyes stay on you, you know they don’t want money, and are in position to draw your defensive weapon and defend yourself.
- If you are ever thrown into the trunk of a car, kick out the tail lights, stick your arm out the hole and start waving like crazy. The driver won’t see you, but everybody else will. This has saved lives.
- Women have a tendency to get into their cars after shopping, eating, working, etc. and just sit (doing their checkbook, or making a list, etc.) DON’T DO THIS! The predator will be watching you, and this is the perfect opportunity for him to get in on the passenger side, put a gun to your head, and tell you where to go. AS SOON AS YOU GET INTO YOUR CAR, LOCK THE DOORS AND LEAVE. If someone is in the car with a gun to your head DO NOT DRIVE OFF, Repeat: DO NOT DRIVE OFF! Instead, gun the engine and speed into anything, wrecking the car. Your air bag will save you. If the person is in the back seat they’ll get the worst of it. As soon as the car crashes, bail out and run. It is better than having them find your body in a remote location.
- A few notes about getting into your car in a parking lot or parking garage:
A.) Be aware: look around you, look into your car, at the passenger side floor and in the back seat.
B.) If you are parked next to a big van, enter your car from the passenger door. Most serial killers attack their victims by pulling them into their vans while the women are attempting to get into their cars.
C.) Look at the car parked on the driver’s side of your vehicle, and the passenger side.. If a male is sitting alone in the seat nearest your car, you may want to walk back into the mall, or work, and get a guard/policeman to walk you back out. IT IS ALWAYS BETTER TO BE SAFE THAN SORRY. (And better paranoid than dead.)
- ALWAYS take the elevator instead of the stairs. Stairwells are horrible places to be alone and the perfect crime spot. This is especially true at NIGHT!
- If the predator has a gun and you are not under his control, ALWAYS RUN! The predator will only hit you (a running target) 4 in 100 times; and even then, it most likely WILL NOT be a vital organ. RUN, preferably in a zig-zag pattern!
- As women are always trying to be sympathetic: STOP. It may get you raped or killed. Ted Bundy, the serial killer, was a good-looking, well educated man who ALWAYS played on the sympathies of unsuspecting women. He walked with a cane, or a limp, and often asked ‘for help’ into his vehicle or with his vehicle, which is when he abducted his next victim.
- Another Safety Point: Someone just told me that her friend heard a crying baby on her porch the night before last, and she called the police because it was late and she thought it was weird. The police told her, ‘Whatever you do, DO NOT open the door.’
The lady then said that it sounded like the baby had crawled near a window, and she was worried that it would crawl to the street and get run over. The policeman said, ‘We already have a unit on the way; whatever you do, DO NOT open the door.’
He told her that they think a serial killer has a baby’s cry recorded and uses it to coax women out of their homes, thinking that someone dropped off a baby. He said they have not verified it, but have had several calls by women saying that they hear baby’s cries outside their doors when they’re home alone at night.
10. Water scam! If you wake up in the middle of the night to hear all your taps outside running or what you think is a burst pipe, DO NOT GO OUT TO INVESTIGATE! These people turn on all your outside taps full blast so that you will go out to investigate and then attack.
Stay alert, keep safe, and look out for your neighbors!
Send this to any woman you know that may need to be reminded that the world we live in has a lot of crazies in it and it’s better to be safe than sorry.
Everyone should take 5 minutes to read this. It may save your life or a loved one’s life.
There you have it, 2nd Cup friend. Take heed, and pay it forward.